POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: K  Tyler
Date: 30 Aug 1998 22:03:31
Message: <35E9F5F1.C88D004C@pacbell.net>
Philippe Debar wrote:

> Hello again
>
> >> * does anybody use the 'overwrite' mode?
> >Yes I use it and please leave it alone
>
> Well, that's what question are for. Without any irony of any
> sort, what do you use it for? I did never find any case where
> it would be usefull... and I'm always open to a new editing
> technique (even more if it means I'll gain time).

I have a line of code that says translate<333.001,555.557,1.001>and I want to
change to translate<444,222.557,1.111> instead
of highlighting it, deleteing it, and retyping it or hitting the delete key
9 times and retyping it I use the overwrite mode and with 9 keystrokes
I'm done. Saves wear and tear on my decrepit old body.

> >> * move 'older files' at the end of the file list
> >No ! No! No ! Leave it alone.
> Well, I do not use it (yet) - so you surely know better. But
> I am not sure we understood each other perfectly: I meant
> 'move the older file commant just above the exit command',
> (this was my orderly self speaking), and not as my message
> read 'move the content of...' Well, anyway, I am bickering;-)

Sorry I thought you were referring to the open file windowsand not the menu file
history log.

> Good night everybody, sleep tight!

ZZZzzzzz  !

> Philippe